What is InjuriesBoard.ie?
InjuriesBoard.ie is the independent government body which assesses the amount of compensation due to a person who has suffered a personal injury as a result of a motor, workplace or public place accident. All personal injury claims in Ireland (excluding medical negligence) must be submitted to InjuriesBoard.ie.
How can I contact InjuriesBoard.ie?
The Board operates a Service Centre which is open from 8am to 8pm at LoCall 1890 829 121. The Board’s website www.injuriesboard.ie contains extensive information on how to make a claim.
How the InjuriesBoard.ie claims process works:
- Claims can be submitted to InjuriesBoard.ie either Online or by post to InjuriesBoard.ie, P.O. Box 8, Clonakilty, Co. Cork.
- Once all the necessary paperwork is in order, InjuriesBoard.ie sends a Formal Notice of the Claim to the Respondent (the Person or Entity you hold responsible for your injury). The Respondent has 90 days to reply to this Notice.
- The Respondent consents to InjuriesBoard.ie making an assessment of compensation. InjuriesBoard.ie may arrange an Independent Medical Examination and will request details of out of pocket expenses
- InjuriesBoard.ie assesses the compensation due having regard to the particular injuries sustained and the circumstances of the individual. Guideline amounts for compensation in respect of particular injuries are set out in the Book of Quantum [opens as .pdf]
- Once an assessment is made the Claimant and Respondent are informed of the level of compensation being awarded.
- Both parties accept the assessment and InjuriesBoard.ie issues an Order to Pay.
- If the respondent does not agree to an assessment by InjuriesBoard.ie or if either side rejects the Board’s award, the file is released by the Board and, if the claimant wishes, the matter can then be referred to the Courts.
For more information:
The website www.injuriesboard.ie provides comprehensive assistance and information to those who may have suffered a personal injury and believe they are entitled to compensation.
A step-by-step video guide for claimants can be viewed here
For further information on the details required to make a claim via InjuriesBoard.ie just click onto How To Make A Claim
Claimants can view Book of Quantum in an online interactive form called The Estimator which assists users in estimating the level of compensation injured parties may be entitled to.
Also, by accessing the Loss of Earnings Calculator on the InjuriesBoard.ie website users may estimate any loss of earnings due to an injury.
Details are also available on how best to recover from an accident or injury and this information is available on the Get Well section of the website
If you have any questions regarding a personal injury and making a claim for compensation, please check out the Frequently Asked Questions section.
A Guide for Respondents can be viewed here
The benefits of InjuriesBoard.ie
The Board delivers compensation awards four times faster than the old litigation based system.
With a low administration charge, the InjuriesBoard.ie model produces savings of approximately €100m per annum for the economy contributing to lower insurance costs.
The Board’s services are delivered at no cost to the Exchequer as it is funded through fees charged, by and large, to insurers.